Led by Artistic Director Steve Green, the workshops are an introduction to the Fourth Monkey way of working and include two main elements: a Complicté-based element on Ensemble and a Character Building element, with an emphasis on tension states, archetypes and building characters through physicality. There will also be opportunity to chat with Steve about our training and future opportunities.
The workshops last for three hours and includes short breaks for notes.
- Complicité inspired bamboo exercises
- Laban tension states character work
- Character archetypes based on the actor’s movement
- Expressive physical movement tasks
- Meisner work with textual extracts (of our choice) focusing on repetition and response
- A Q&A with Steve where students can ask further questions about the work, influences, our work in the industry today, audition preparation and further development
All Taster Workshops take place from 7-10pm. Book now for the dates below:
- Thursday 16 May
- Thursday 13 June
- Wednesday 10 July
Workshops take place at our North London training base, the Monkey House, 97-101 Seven Sisters Road, London, N7 7QP.
Nearest station: Finsbury Park (Victoria & Piccadilly lines) or Holloway Road (Piccadilly line).
These Taster Workshops are designed to assess your suitability for our courses at at Fourth Monkey, we move! Please wear comfortable clothing, suitable for movement and bring a water bottle – you’ll be able to fill it up in the Kitchen at the Monkey House.
What time should I arrive?
Please arrive at the Monkey House 15 minutes before the session starts.
Do you have changing rooms?
Yes, our students changing rooms are available for use before and after the session.
If I have an injury or restricted movement, can I still take part in the workshop?
Yes – please just indicate on the sign up form how we can best accommodate you.
Can I bring a friend?
Is it ok if I turn up late?
If you think you can’t attend part of the workshop, please book for another date.