Fourth Monkey Actor Training Company, known as Fourth Monkey, is committed to maintaining your confidence and trust in protecting the privacy of your information and personal data. Accordingly, Fourth Monkey maintains the following policy, adhering to the following legislations: UK Data Protection act 1998 and the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR).
This policy is in place to ensure Fourth Monkey complies with data protection law and good practice, is transparent about how and why we store data and protects the rights of users.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for any particular purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Anonymised data will be held indefinitely for as long as we need it, unless a request to remove it is received.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site https://www.fourthmonkey.co.uk. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
• If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
• We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
• Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
Fourth Monkey obtains consent for any information held for reasons other than to comply with legal requirements. This includes signed and dated data, opt-out consent for mailing lists, completed online forms.
We will detail how to unsubscribe from a mailing list in each mailing list communication.
We will make clear the intended purpose of stored data, and what data is being collected, when the data is being obtained and consent given. Consent only applies to the stated purpose; should we require data for a different purpose, we will seek and obtain specific consent again.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Storing Personal Information
Fourth Monkey strives to ensure all personal data is protected from any unauthorised access, accidental loss or damage.
An individuals personal information is stored on secure servers and password protected computers, where possible sensitive data will be limited to a single computer. Paper data will be filed in a locked filing cabinet inside a secure office. Any computers holding personal data are password protected and have restricted access. Access to personal information is limited to specific staff members only.
When data is no longer required, it will be securely deleted or destroyed. Any sensitive data that can’t be destroyed in conventional ways will be destroyed using confidential waste.
Any breach of data will be immediately reported to the Information Commissioner’s Officer (ICO).
Where we store your personal data
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
• To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes, such as new short courses, upcoming productions or offers.
• To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
• To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we may contact you about these by email at email@example.com.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
• If Fourth Monkey Education Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.